Celebrating a groundbreaking label
MERCURY LIVING PRESENCE:
THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION
Long hailed as the audiophile's label, Mercury represents an important milestone in the history of classical recordings. Moussorgsky's Pictures at en Exhibition (the label's first classical recording), Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture, music of the American Civil War, among others, have all garnered praise for sheer vividness of sound.
As the New York Times critic Howard Taubman described: "One feels oneself in the living presence of the orchestra." 60 years after the landmark first recording, MERCURY LIVING PRESENCE: THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION celebrates this special anniversary. Elegantly packaged, the box set presents 50 original albums that have won accolades, and features such celebrated artists as Antal Dorati, Rafael Kubelik, Gina Bachauer, Byron Janis, Janos Starker, and Henryk Szeryng. A special bonus disc contains a rare interview with Mercury legendary producer Wilma Cozart Fine.
* 50 Original Acclaimed Albums on 50 Discs - Including some of the rarest, most collective classical discs EVER
* Each disc is contained within a slipcase featuring an exact replica of its original album art
* Bonus disc containing a rare interview with Mercury legendary producer Wilma Cozart Fine
* Extensive booklet showcasing each album's tracklist
* All housed within an elegantly designed box set destined to be a collectible itself
* A stellar lifetime of the most historic music ever recorded - all at a price too irresistible to pass up!